Tuesday 6 January 2009

Day 6, Cold Turkey

6 Days cold turkey. I genuinely think that after a year of no gaming I will not go back to it. This article in the Guardian details some potential problems of computer game addiction.

Althought I am a big fan of computer games, I do beleive that they are highly addictive. More and more games are adding levelling up (grinding) aspects to games. The latest COD games were the first shooters to add levelling up as complex as many RPGs. I would play COD for many hours not for the excitement or the social side, I would simply play it so I could gain enough experience to access new weapons or gold colour weapon skins. In the end this took its toll on my enjoyment of the game especially when I reached the maximum level. As soon as I reached the highest level I turned it off and stopped playing. This is why WoW have released new expansion packs which have increased the level cap. 

Anyway, hopefully without video games I may become more productive and healthier!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment