Friday 23 January 2009

Day 23, 'I like you more now that you have stopped playing games'

This morning my girfriend said to me

"I like you more now that you have stopped playing video games"

I like myself more, I am more sociable, I am doing more exercise and I think I am in a better mood! However 
I still desperately want to play some Left 4 Dead. I couldn't get enough of that game. It is like cross breeding
Terminator 2 with Evil Dead and Romero films and then putting you in both the director seat and the lead
role.

I highly reccomend giving it a go. Especially the Versus mode where you can play a zombie who has to kill the survivors!

Thinking about it makes me want to play it more than Zombies want brains!

I saw an interesting article today about the embezzlement of virtual funds (80bn) from a MMO (massively multiplayer online game) bank
This is not too disimilar from the 'Made off' scandal of recent weeks. I find it amazing how MMOs can build up such complex
mechanisms and systems. The chief of the virtual bank even issued a statement and two virtual bank managers have stepped
down from their roles! The highlight of the article must be the thiefs message he sent to the bank:

'So long, and thanks for all the fish"

If only Madoff had been that witty

C


1 comment:

  1. If you like that story then try reading Halting State by Charles Stross.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Halting-State-Charles-Stross/dp/1841496944/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233008396&sr=8-11
    I'll lend it to you if you want.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete